MailScanner & SpamAssassin

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Tue Feb 18 16:32:27 GMT 2003

I am quite happy with the way MailScanner modifies the subject line. It
is quite easy to create a rule in Outlook which moves tagged mails to
deleted items :)

I don't see the need to have an inline warning, I usually don't get any
legitimate porn or nigerian scam mails myself which makes them easy to
spot :)

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> At 16:07 18/02/2003, you wrote:
> >It would be neat to have a means to insert a block of text into the body
> >that would explain to the user in simple terms that the mail gateway
> >suspects this to be spam, and gives them options on how to take action to
> >block further messages like it.  Maybe there's already a way to do
> >this...I'm not familiar enough with MailScanner yet to know.
>
> So, some sort of an
>          Inline Spam Text Warning
> and
>          Inline Spam HTML Warning
> and an option to turn them on/off.
>
> What would happen when a message was spam and also contained a virus?
>
> What do other people think of this idea?
> Would this be widely used?
> --
> Julian Field
> www.MailScanner.info