Spambayes?

Robert A. Thompson ucs_rat at SHSU.EDU
Sun Feb 16 19:53:50 GMT 2003

I would second that notion.  I used to run amavis, before mailscanner...
it was somewhat hard to upgrade, I always had to taylor it to our system
in some way, and worst of all it used to spawn a process for each
mail... things like love letter killed it.  On it's behalf it did save
my behind a few times, and I'm sure the problems it had have been
fixed(I havn't kept up with it).  Ever since switching to mailscanner I
have not had a problem of over running my mail server (processing about
a million emails a week) running both virus scanning and spam assassin.
Configuring is much easier, and Julian is quick to help if you have a
problem.  Well worth time to setup & learn.

--Robert