SV: SV: SV: rav not scanning archives by default

Tony Johansson tony.johansson at SVENSKAKYRKAN.SE
Sun Feb 16 19:50:42 GMT 2003

I tried /usr/lib/MailScanner/rav-wrapper . in /tmp with some viruses and it
seems to work ok. I get a report and it also produces a "report.vir" file
with the report in it

If I send the very same virus files through MailScanner and rav, nothing is
reported though... They get delivered as uninfected

Julian, let me know if you want access to the machine in question and I will
set it up

regards, Tony

ps: When trying f-prot along with rav I noticed this in the log:

Feb 16 20:01:01 redhat73 update.virus.scanners: Found f-prot installed
Feb 16 20:01:01 redhat73 update.virus.scanners: Updating f-prot
Feb 16 20:01:02 redhat73 F-Prot autoupdate[20938]: F-Prot successfully
updated.
Feb 16 20:01:02 redhat73 update.virus.scanners: Found rav installed
Feb 16 20:01:02 redhat73 update.virus.scanners: Updating rav

No word about rav having been successfully updated?