Upgrading from MS 3.23 to 4.12 on Trustix 1.5

Stephen Lee splee at PLEXIO.COM
Sat Feb 15 16:18:38 GMT 2003

Hi,

I would like to upgrade my MS 3.23 (from tar) to MS 4.12 on a Trustix
1.5/Exim box (uses RPM). Has anyone tried using the rpm version of MS on
Trustix? Looking at the tarball version, I would need to scan for every
reference to the /opt/MailScanner directory and change it to
/usr/local/MailScanner. This is a rather large task considering the
number of files under MailScanner/lib and regularity of MS updates. Or
is there a better way to do it?

Thanks for your suggestions.
Stephen