rav question

Tony Johansson tony.johansson at SVENSKAKYRKAN.SE
Sat Feb 15 09:57:58 GMT 2003

I decided to try RAV as a complementary scanner to f-prot in our mailscanner
setup.
The machine I use for testing is a redhat 7.3 (with all errata updates),
sendmail, rav antivirus desktop for linux v8.1.4 and MailScanner 4.12-2
No graphical interface (X) is installed.

/usr/local/rav8/bin/ravlin8 produces the error "error while loading shared
libraries: libgtk-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or
directory"
obvoiusly my mailscanner wont work as rav-wrapper points to ravlin8. Im not
sure what the error is but I would guess it needs some sort of graphical
libraries?

however, /usr/local/rav8/bin/ravav seems to work ok - atleast from the
command line

Is there any way to use ravav instead of ravlin8 with mailscanner? I tried
adjusting rav-wrapper but that didnt help much...

regards, Tony