MailScanner continously respawns without processing

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 22:40:42 GMT 2003

*If* it is continuously respawning then check that the mail UID+GID can
write to the MailScanner/incoming and MailScanner/quarantine directories,
as well as the incoming and outgoing queue directories and the PID file.
That is normally the cause of this.

If it is just starting up, expect it to produce a parent + 5 child
processes by default, you just need to try putting some mail in the
incoming queue. If you are using Exim 4, then the incoming and outgoing
queue dirs set in MailScanner need to be the "input" directories of each
Exim queue directory structure.

--
Julian Field