Problems with winmail.dat

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Feb 14 22:33:01 GMT 2003

At 15:13 14/02/2003, you wrote:
>I use MS with "Expand TNEF = yes" but a message in a winmail.dat
>bypasses the filename.rules.conf file tests!
>I quarantine all .EXE files but if someone sends one in a winmail.dat it
>will be delivered without even a warning.
>Could this be fixed?  I thought I tested this in a previous release and
>using the external TNEF expander solved this problem.

This will be fixed in 4.13.

I can't find a way of generating TNEF any more, my Outlook(s) have been
updated and no longer create winmail.dat files. What I would like is a TNEF
file containing eicar.com, if someone could put it in a password-protected
zip file and mail it to me off-list.

Thanks folks.
--
Julian Field