OT html2text

Remco Barendse mailscanner at BARENDSE.TO
Wed Feb 12 14:03:25 GMT 2003

I tried, lynx will not run from a cron job, it will complain "Your
terminal lacks the ability to clear the screen or position the cursor."
and do nothing.

I also tried starting screen from cron, then executing
lynx and have everything return but screen will complain too "$HOME must
match passwd entry for multiuser screens."

Think the best solution will be to have it run through the html2text
filter of Mailscanner. Can it be invoked from the commandline?

On Mon, 10 Feb 2003, Spicer, Kevin wrote:

> > Is there any simple way of using the html2text feature also on regular
> > files not received by e-mail?
> >
> > I have some html files that I wget from the website but I
> > need those in
> > plain text, not html code.
> >
> > Sorry that this question is a bit off-topic!
>
> use lynx --dump instead of wget.
>

> BMRB International
> http://www.bmrb.co.uk
> +44 (0)20 8566 5000
> This message (and any attachment) is intended only for the
> recipient and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> material.  If you have received this in error, please contact the
> sender and delete this message immediately.  Disclosure, copying
> or other action taken in respect of this email or in
> reliance on it is prohibited.  BMRB International Limited
> accepts no liability in relation to any personal emails, or
> content of any email which does not directly relate to our
> business.

believed to be clean.