Sophos and Corrupt Files

Jeff A. Earickson jaearick at COLBY.EDU
Thu Feb 6 15:09:22 GMT 2003

Julian,
   Back in April of 2002, I found MailScanner because the gang at
Sophos recommended it to me after I complained about aspects of
Mailmonitor that I didn't like (the fact that it wants to control
port 25 instead of sendmail; I want sendmail to have first crack
at incoming email, then virus-scanning downstream from there).

   Their recommendation answered all of my prayers and I bought a
SAVI license to use Sophos with MailScanner.  MailScanner clearly
has MailMonitor beat on technical merits, but I'll bet that you
*have* sold a lot of SAVI licenses for them.

   If Sophos had any sense, they would drop MailMonitor and support
your efforts 100%.  You have the better mousetrap.  I'm copying my
Sophos salesperson on this, in case she is listening...

Jeff A. Earickson, Ph.D
Senior UNIX Sysadmin and Email Guru
Information Technology Services
Colby College, 4214 Mayflower Hill,