Spam.whitelist.rules file question

Quentin Campbell Q.G.Campbell at NEWCASTLE.AC.UK
Thu Feb 6 10:40:10 GMT 2003

Julian

Is the ~MailScanner/etc/rules/EXAMPLES file correct?

In its "Spam WhiteList" examples it gives:

From:     123.234.                            yes
From:     /^192\.168\.6[4567]/                yes

Assuming the first line specifies a Class B address range then that
pattern
should allow for 123.234.xxx.xxx addresses to be whitelisted.

If the second line specifies a Class C address range then that pattern
should allow for 192.168.64.xxx addresses (say) but as there is no
terminating "." would that pattern work as expected? That is, I think it
should read: