Sophos and Corrupt Files

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Feb 5 17:16:07 GMT 2003

What version of Sophos are you running?

The "corrupt" errors seem to disappear with 3.66 (i.e. the very latest off
the web). I have seen 3.62 - 3.65 complain about documents that 3.66 is
perfectly happy with. And the fact that absolutely no-one except Sophos
users are having any corrupted file problems does slightly point the finger
at Sophos. Maybe when asked to disinfect a file that it thinks is corrupt,
it damages it? Just a thought.

I know Sophos are blaming me for this problem.
But it strikes me as very odd that only Sophos users are having file
corruption problems...
And I can't reproduce it in Sophos 3.66.

--
Julian Field