Outbound and Inbound mail on same server

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Feb 4 19:49:10 GMT 2003

Randy Herban <RHerban at GRAMTEL.NET> wrote:

I feel honour-bound to do a bit of advocacy...

>Quick shell script to delete all mailq items from a certain domain (say,
>used to spam messages).

exim -bpr |
        sed -e '/^[ 0-9][0-9].\{8\}\(.\{16\}\) <.*@domain>$/!d;s//\1/' |
        xargs exim -Mrm

>Easy way to count/sort the items in mailq to determine which domains have
>the most in queue.

exim -bpr |
        sort | uniq -c | sort -n

(yes, that sed bit could be made easier)

>Process all mail in queue destined/from a certain domain.

exim -qR domain

Tony.
NORTH FORELAND TO SELSEY BILL: NORTHWEST 5 TO 7 LOCALLY GALE 8 GRADUALLY
DECREASING 4 LOCALLY 5. MOSTLY FINE AND DRY. GOOD. SLIGHT TO MODERATE LOCALLY
ROUGH DECAYING SLIGHT.