ANNOUNCE: Version 4.12-1 released

Peter Peters P.G.M.Peters at civ.utwente.nl
Tue Feb 4 13:21:13 GMT 2003

On Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:45:35 +0000, you wrote:

>I have not changed any of the supporting modules this time around, so if
>you are upgrading from a very recent version you just need to upgrade the
>mailscanner*rpm. But running the install.sh won't do any harm...

This was my first rpm-based upgrade and I have had some problems. The
updated files in /etc/MailScanner have nice .rpmnew files next to them.
But the upgrade just replaced /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner and
/etc/rc.d/MailScanner without any hesitation. And it changed the owner
of /var/spool/mqueue.in and subidrs of /var/spool/MailScanner.

Because I run MailScanner as user mail I can't get to those spool-dirs
anymore. :-(

--
Peter Peters                        senior netwerkbeheerder
Centrum voor InformatieTechnologie, Bibliotheek en Educatie