Exim - Using ACLs to verify RCPT TO

ISP List isp-list at TULSACONNECT.COM
Wed Dec 31 13:54:19 GMT 2003

At 10:04 AM 12/31/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi!
>
> > So, what I would like exim to do is to be able to do a LDAP or SQL lookup
> > during the SMTP negotiation phase (following the RCPT TO) to determine if
> > the recipient address is valid or not.  Based on my research, using exim
> > 4.x's ACL facility seems to be the best approach, but I'm a little unclear
> > on the proper syntax as the manual does not give any examples.
>
>Please post this on the Exim mailinglist.
>
>Thanks,
>Raymond.

Raymond,

I posted it here because it is directly relevant to the way Exim is set up
with MailScanner, and I know several Exim folks lurk on this list (and,
because I'm not subscribed to any Exim lists).

Mike Bacher / mike at sparklogic.com
SparkLogic Development / ISP Consulting
Use OptiGold ISP? Check out OptiSkin!
http://www.sparklogic.com/optiskin/