tag & pass viruses

Tue Dec 30 17:22:59 GMT 2003

On Tuesday 30 December 2003 5:15 pm, Julian Field wrote:

> At 15:43 30/12/2003, you wrote:
> >I know this will sound strange (or plain stupid, to be more precise), but
> >I do need to verify this...
> >
> >Can I configure MailScanner so that it identifies & tags viruses but...
> >lets them pass?? (let's say something like "attachment deliver")
>
> No. MailScanner will (currently) always remove virus-infected attachments
> it finds.
>
> Do lots of people want to be able to do this?

I think it might be useful as an option which can be turned on for specific
addresses - then people can send suspicious files to tech support for
investigation without them being swallowed by MS and having to be retreived
from quarantine.

In general, I doubt very much whether many people would want to pass viruses
through (even with a subject change etc) however I think it would be a good
option to include in the choices available.

Antony.

--
Your work is both good and original.  Unfortunately the parts that are good
aren't original, and the parts that are original aren't good.

 - Samuel Johnson

                                                     Please reply to the list;
                                                           please don't CC me.