/var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

Harondel J. Sibble mailscanner at pdscc.com
Sun Dec 28 22:21:13 GMT 2003

On 17 Sep 2003 at 15:25, Julian Field wrote:
> >Cannot create temporary Work Dir /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming/502693. Are
> >the permissions and ownership of /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming correct?
> 1) Temporary storage used by MailScanner while working
> 2)
> Stop MailScanner.
> rm -rf /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming
> mkdir /var/spool/MailScanner/incoming

I just setup MS on a Mandrake 9.2 box and am getting the same error messages,
I tried Julian's suggestions of shutting down MS and then deleting and
recreating the incoming directory, then restart MS, however, I still have the
same errors in /var/log/mail/errors.

The orginal permissions on the incoming directory were 700, now it's 755.

--
Harondel J. Sibble
Sibble Computer Consulting