Spam still coming through :-( {Scanned}

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Dec 28 15:28:10 GMT 2003

>On Friday, December 26, 2003, at 11:13  AM, SW wrote:
>
>>Ok, everything is working correctly with MailScanner and Spamassassin
>>but we
>>are still getting about 25% of spam in. What else can I do to lower
>>this
>>amount without causing ligitamate e-mails to get taged as spam.

Do you have the Perl module Net::DNS intalled?
What does this produce:

perl -MNet::DNS -e 'print $Net::DNS::VERSION;'

If it prints out a number, you're fine. If it prints out an error message
to do with Net, DNS or DNS.pm then you haven't got it installed. Installing
it from CPAN is theoretically very simple, but you need to stop CPAN if it
tries to upgrade your entire Perl distribution.
         perl -MCPAN -e shell
         o conf prerequisites_policy ask
         install Net::DNS
and watch carefully. If you start seeing it reinstalling Perl (probably
version 5.8.2) then thump Ctrl-C a lot. If you get that, come back here and
we will try to walk you through it. You don't actually need to upgrade all
the modules that CPAN thinks you do; it is just being a bit idealistic,
which is the cause of the problem.
--
Julian Field