I'm trying to get MailScanner to work

Billy A. Pumphrey bpumphrey at WOODMACLAW.COM
Tue Dec 23 21:56:57 GMT 2003

Nope, no defunct. :)
I commented the 127 thing out and got the tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25
0.0.0.0:*
Spamassasing is already set to no
I set virus scanning to none
Restarted MailScanner
Still no luck

I added a file in /etc/mail called relay-domains and put in:
woodmaclaw.com
www.woodmaclaw.com
restartmailscanner
no luck

With your directions on watching the output, I don't really know where
to watch at.  Run a message through do you mean from outside to inside?

Thank You
Billy Pumphrey

-----Original Message-----
From: Kearney, Rob [mailto:RKearney at AZERTY.COM]
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 4:12 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: I'm trying to get MailScanner to work

That could be the case...

do you still see <defunc> on MailScanner Processes after doing service
MailScanner start?
you might also again what to try setting Debug = Yes, then restart
MailScanner (service MailScanner restart) then run a message through,
and
watch the output for indications of problems.

and if memory serves me correctly, since you didn't install SpamAssassin
yet, you should also have "Use SpamAssassin = no".

-rob