bigevil usage... Confused - Solution

Rose, Bobby brose at MED.WAYNE.EDU
Sat Dec 20 15:32:10 GMT 2003

Search the list.  I posted a fixed to MailScanner to get it to read all
SA cf files in the site-wide folders.  The problem is that SA is
configured to call a specific cf file and so that is all it calls.  The
fix is to have modify the SA.pm and add the site_rules_filename option
so that when MailScanner creates the new SA object it will use both the
cf file specified in the Mailscanner.conf and the SA site-wide dir.

I posted the change in the hopes that Julian would add it to the next
release but I don't think he or anyone else realizsed what I was talking
about when I posted the initial problem.  I'd provide a diff but I
already got rid of the original.  But here's the line I added to my
SA.pm.

Before
    $settings{dont_copy_prefs} = 1; # Removes need for home directory
    $prefs = MailScanner::Config::Value('spamassassinprefsfile');
After
    $settings{dont_copy_prefs} = 1; # Removes need for home directory
    $settings{site_rules_filename} = "/etc/mail/spamassassin";
    $prefs = MailScanner::Config::Value('spamassassinprefsfile');

-=Bobby

-----Original Message-----
Behalf Of bnixon
Sent: Saturday, December 20, 2003 10:26 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: bigevil usage... confused

I have several .cf files in /etc/mail/spamassassin ?(my default site
location) all of which work. A good test would be to put a typo in the
bigevil.cf file and run   spamassassin --lint -D   and watch for errors.

It looks to me that the lint command you are running is forcing
spamassassin to use the mailscanner prefs file as its only rule file.
Spamassassin will read any .cf file in the site location by default but
your debug command is not letting it look there -

bn