Bayes Poisoning? Spam with negative BAYES Scores

Nathan Johanson nathan at TCPNETWORKS.NET
Thu Dec 18 20:10:46 GMT 2003

Hello,

A recent thread made brief reference to "bayes poisoning". We're
currently using SpamAssassin 2.60 and will upgrade to version 2.61
shortly, but we have seen an increasing amount of spam slipping through
the filters with negative BAYES scores. Very annoying:

 required 4, BAYES_00 -4.90, HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_06 1.44,
 HTML_MESSAGE 0.10)

Is anyone else seeing this sort of thing? Any recommendations for
combating it? I noted the links to BigEvil custom rules (posted
earlier), but I'm starting to wonder if Bayes usefulness is starting to
dwindle. Is there some way to prevent this poisoning?

help too.

Nathan