Postfix message duplication - again!

Tony Finch dot at DOTAT.AT
Tue Dec 16 14:24:17 GMT 2003

Drew Marshall <drew at THEMARSHALLS.CO.UK> wrote:
>I have read many threads on both the MailScanner mailing list and the
>Postfix groups about this problem but haven't yet seen a solution. I
>guess the first question is, is there a solution?

I suspect there is a problem with file locking lurking somewhere. The
Unix locking system calls are really shit -- if you open and close a file
that you already have open and locked then you lose the lock, even though
(from the point of view of your program) the open/close has nothing to
do with the locked open!

Tony.
LYME REGIS TO LANDS END INCLUDING THE ISLES OF SCILLY: SOUTH TO SOUTHEAST 3 OR
4 OCCASIONALLY 5 FRESHENING 4 OR 5 THEN BACKING SOUTHEAST 3 OR 4 OCCASIONALLY
5. PATCHY RAIN OR DRIZZLE IN THE WEST CLEARING OVERNIGHT. MODERATE OR GOOD.
MODERATE OR ROUGH DECAYING MODERATE.