Error messages

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 16 08:57:22 GMT 2003

You need to do
         /etc/rc.d/init.d/sendmail stop
to actually kill all the sendmail processes before you start MailScanner.
The "chkconfig" commands merely tell it what to do at boot-time, they don't
alter the current state of the system at all.
When you do
         ps ax | grep -i mail
you should get no MailScanner processes or sendmail processes. Kill off any
left running.
Then do
         /etc/rc.d/init.d/MailScanner start
to start everything up properly.