Internet Explorer URL Display problem

Daniel Bird dbird at SGHMS.AC.UK
Sat Dec 13 01:08:35 GMT 2003

Julian Field wrote:

>> I still think I would rather have MailScanner do the checking for this
>> so we can notify the recipient properly, rather than just marking
>> the message as high spam and/or deleting the message altogether. Perhaps
>> we could even have MailScanner remove the link code altogether but still
>> deliver the rest of the message.

for info, SA (I'm running 2.61 - not sure about previous) already has a
rule to catch these:

in 20_uri_test.cf:

# Have gotten FPs off this, and whitespace can't be in the host, so...
# %    Visit my homepage: http://i.like.foo.com %
uri HTTP_ESCAPED_HOST
/^https?\:\/\/[^\/\s]*%[0-9a-fA-F][0-9a-fA-F]/
describe HTTP_ESCAPED_HOST      Uses %-escapes inside a URL's hostname

So the score could just be ramped up spam.assassin.prefs.conf so it hits
above high spam actions or (I'm presuming ) that test included in MCP
config.

Julian, as an aside could I (say)

score HTTP_ESCAPED_HOST  100

simply be added to mcp.spam.assassin.prefs.conf  or would the rule also
have to be added to a .cf file in the MCP directory?

Regards

believed to be clean.