Sophos Install warnings

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Dec 12 17:27:35 GMT 2003

At 16:42 12/12/2003, you wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Baccari, Lou schrieb:
>>I'm just finishing installing sophos using /usr/sbin/Sophos.install and
>>recieved the following two warnings
>>Warning: $PATH does not include /usr/local/Sophos/bin
>>          To run Sophos Anti-Virus you need to set environment variable
>>$PATH so
>>          that it includes /usr/local/Sophos/bin.
>>Warning: Neither $LD_LIBRARY_PATH nor /etc/ld.so.conf include
>>          /usr/local/Sophos/lib.
>>How do I correct these warnings?
>
>corrections as follows:
>1. Enter as root the following command: export
>PATH=$PATH:/usr/local/Sophos/bin
>
>2. Find the file /etc/ld.so.conf and append /usr/local/Sophos/lib to it.

Neither of these 2 changes are required to make MailScanner work properly.
It drives Sophos via a short script which avoids any editing of
configuration files on your system.

You only want these 2 changes if you want to be able to call the "sweep"
program directly from the command-line on your system.
--
Julian Field