Internet Explorer URL Display problem

David Lee t.d.lee at DURHAM.AC.UK
Thu Dec 11 14:22:12 GMT 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Julian Field wrote:

> What I have done is set the score of the rule to 100, set my high scoring
> threshold to 100, and set the high scoring spam actions to "delete". That
> way the users never knew they were going to get it.

Julian:  There was a massive overnight discussion about what the "rule"
should be, and I must confess to not having absorbed every last detail or
two (or three or four... thousand).

Could you summarise the consensus SA rule etc., please?  Thanks.

> >I will have a look at this - Julian, have you got patches for SA 2.61
> >yet? (The page says to ask for patches for new versions of SA!! ;-)
>
> Not yet, but will do that this afternoon (nearly end of term here so
> actually have my head above water for once!).

Julian: Could you get the SA folk to include your patches in their
distributions?

This is similar to an earlier discussion about MIME::Tools.  MS is a great
product, but this business of its requiring patches, over extended time
periods, to other software can trip people up, and put them off, at the
first hurdle (however understandble (or at least manageable) it might
become to us n'th hurdle geeks).  (Get back to me about the MIME::Tools
one if you want to discuss it further.)

Incidentally, we've been running the new SA 2.61 in full production for
just over a day and it seems fine.  (Hmmm, that's tempting fate...)

Hope that helps.