Internet Explorer URL Display problem

Martin Sapsed m.sapsed at BANGOR.AC.UK
Thu Dec 11 12:48:16 GMT 2003

Julian Field wrote:
> At 20:52 10/12/2003, you wrote:
>> Wouldn't this only mark the message as spam? Maybe I'm alone on this, but
>> I think that this presents a far more serious threat than just spam. If
>> someone opens the spam anyways and sees a message from their bank,
>> requesting verification of online banking information, they might be
>> tempted to follow the links AND complain to me that this important
>> message
>> from their bank was marked as spam.
>>
>> My thought is that this should fall under the same general area of the
>> flowchart as the I-Frame exploits, if possible.

I was thinking this but have added Julian's rules to my SA prefs for now
anyway. "Owt's better than nowt!" springs to mind...

> I don't want to do what SA already does very well, nor do I want to write
> code that is part of the arms race, I've probably done too much of that
> already. So I would prefer SA to do this. Maybe it is time to "plug" MCP
> rather more, and do more testing of it.
>
> For docs on MCP, see
> www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/install/mcp

I will have a look at this - Julian, have you got patches for SA 2.61
yet? (The page says to ask for patches for new versions of SA!! ;-)

(Also, btw, there are still some references to TCP rather than MCP in
that page.)

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed
Information Services               "Who do you say I am?"