could not analyze/too many attachments

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Wed Dec 10 11:34:40 GMT 2003

At 11:25 10/12/2003, you wrote:
> > If you don't like it, change it.
> > Read languages.conf and you will see there is a "NoticeSubject" entry
> in there.
> > >I've had a quick peek at the report files and it seems that there is no
> > >clear delineation between viruses and other blocked attachments.  Am I
> > >missing something obvious here?
>
>That's not what he was asking, the point he was making was that there
>isn't a delineation between virii and other reasons for blocking
>messages, and he's right.
>
>When it's a virus, yes, you want the Subject to read "Virus blah blah"
>
>When it's a video, you want it to read "Video blah blah", when it's a
>large file, you want "Large file blah" etc etc...

I never intended anyone to actually read every notice. I intentionally kept
the subject the same so that it was easy to automatically filter into a
mailbox from which you could gather statistics from time to time. The
Admininstrator Notices were never intended to be read by a customer. If you
want to read every notice by hand, you should probably get out more :o)

If you want to separate the notices into different types, why not just
filter on the contents of the message?
--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654