could not analyze/too many attachments

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Dec 9 18:23:22 GMT 2003

At 16:54 09/12/2003, you wrote:
>Julian,
>    I know there was a thread recently about "Could not
>analyze message" coming out in the virus report, when the
>issue is really "too many attachments" from the
>"Maximum Attachments Per Message" setting.  I did a bonehead
>move of setting this to 20 instead of 200, and then had to
>quarantine the problem message after the sender complained,
>stare at it and MS code, and figure out the problem.  Will
>this "Could not analyze" message be clearer in the next
>version?

You can already change the error message, but only for all unparsable
messages. It's in your languages.conf file, the line that starts "CantAnalyze".

However, I agree that it should be separate from that error message. The
fix will be in the next release, but attached are patches to Message.pm,
MessageBatch.pm and languages.conf (English only right now) which will
implement it.