MailScanner, Suse 9, and Sendmail Problems

Kevin Miller Kevin_Miller at CI.JUNEAU.AK.US
Mon Dec 8 21:26:25 GMT 2003

Check /etc/sysconfig/MailScanner (if memory serves)...

...Kevin
-------------------
Kevin Miller
CBJ MIS Dept.               Network Systems Administrator, Mail
Administrator
155 South Seward Street     ph: (907) 586-0242
Juneau, Alaska 99801        fax: (907 586-4500

-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Moss [mailto:kmoss at DHOS.NET]
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2003 11:54 AM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: MailScanner, Suse 9, and Sendmail Problems

I am trying to run MailScanner on SuSe 9. I downloaded the most recent
release from the web site and tried to install. I had to manually install a
few of the dependencies off the SuSe CD's. I have also installed SendMail
and uninstalled postfix as I prefer SendMail. It appeared everything was
going to work properly but when I tried to run the .rc file it tries to run
my setup as a "postfix" system. I looked at the .rc and .conf files and they
both are set as the MTA being SendMail. Any Ideas???

Ken Moss
Information Services/Technology
Doctors Hospital of Springfield
2828 N National Ave