Upgrade Production Box

Steve Freegard steve.freegard at LBSLTD.CO.UK
Mon Dec 8 17:18:02 GMT 2003

Hi Julian,

Did this change on a semi-recent version as I upgraded my remaining box to
4.25-14 from 4.24-5 today - I did:

service MailScanner stop
service MailScanner startin
<upgrade>
service MailScanner start

But MailScanner was restarted mid-upgrade by the hourly cron job?? - did I
do something stupid, or was this introduced in a later version??

Cheers,
Steve.

-----Original Message-----
From: Julian Field [mailto:mailscanner at ECS.SOTON.AC.UK]
Sent: 08 December 2003 16:05
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Upgrade Production Box

At 14:56 08/12/2003, you wrote:
>Will the cron job affect this?  Or is only checking for a missing
>process?

If you do
         service MailScanner stop
it tells the cron to disable itself until you do a
         service MailScanner start
or "restart".

--
Julian Field

PGP footprint: EE81 D763 3DB0 0BFD E1DC  7222 11F6 5947 1415 B654

the sender and delete the message from your mailbox.

MailScanner (www.mailscanner.info) for the presence of computer viruses.