Mailwatch Installation

Scott Tiret stiret at ONEREDSHOE.NET
Sun Dec 7 16:35:25 GMT 2003

Greetings,

I'm having some trouble installing MailWatch on Gentoo.

detta MailScanner # bin/check_mailscanner
Starting MailScanner...
syntax error at /opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/CustomConfig.pm line
143, near "my "
Global symbol "$WhitelistDir" requires explicit package name at
/opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/CustomConfig.pm line 143.
BEGIN not safe after errors--compilation aborted at
/opt/MailScanner/lib/MailScanner/CustomConfig.pm line 146.
Compilation failed in require at /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner line
43.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /opt/MailScanner/bin/MailScanner
line 43.

I've checked and changed the directory locations in CustomConfig.pm at
line 143

# Set these to be the location of your whitelist files and blacklist
files
my $WhitelistDir = '/opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.bydomain/whitelist';
my $BlacklistDir = '/opt/MailScanner/etc/spam.bydomain/blacklist';

The directories exist and there does not appear to be any problem with
the syntax.  Any suggestions?

Thanks very much,

--
Scott Tiret

04458494 Scott Tiret stiret AT oneredshoe DOT net
Fingerprint = EA80 6414 79DC 6D7D 992F 2F98 F93C 9CB9 0445 8494