AOL blocking MailScanner messages!

Res res at AUSICS.NET
Sat Dec 6 05:32:25 GMT 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Ken Anderson wrote:

> > Well, that comes down to each individuals interpretation, mine is yes, a
> > non compliant server, is in effect 'broken', why should my network be at
> > risk from somthing a broken server sends, I mean if you know a server is
> > an open relay, do you knowingly allow it to send mail into your network?
>

> That's not an rfc, that's not non-compliance. That's your interpretation

not but RFC1912 is.

> (or rather opinion). But if that works for you, that's great.

much like it is yours :)

> I have customers, and it's their interpretation that quickly becomes my
> problem if I block mail from their relatives. :-)

Well, like I said, 8 complaints...
140K emails a day, now even if i took those 8 in just one day, thats like
.000005 of a percent, but its worse, because those 8 are for ever, total..
IOW its so few it doesnt even register.

But yes it suprises me because 2 of them were large banking corps, 4 Govt
depts, and the other couple were pvt companies.

--
Regards,
Res