AOL blocking MailScanner messages!

Res res at AUSICS.NET
Fri Dec 5 23:58:46 GMT 2003

On Fri, 5 Dec 2003, Ken Anderson wrote:

> > Can you explain why we should operate non compliant mail servers? JUST to
> > get mail from other non complaint mail servers?
>
> Is accepting mail from non-compliant servers non-compliant?

Well, that comes down to each individuals interpretation, mine is yes, a
non compliant server, is in effect 'broken', why should my network be at
risk from somthing a broken server sends, I mean if you know a server is
an open relay, do you knowingly allow it to send mail into your network?

--
Regards,
Res