wendy.zip - encrypted - mimail

Mariano Absatz mailscanner at LISTS.COM.AR
Thu Dec 4 15:18:45 GMT 2003

Hi Raymond... (or should I call you Greg?) ;-P

Thanx for the info... I didn't find it in my traps :-(

What I dislike is that NAI says (in the web:
http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100856.htm ) that the current dat files
find & remove the ".m" release...

I even forced a .dat update just in case they had re-released it, but the
.dat's are identical...

Would you mind sending me an infected message to another account? I'd
send you a request from that account (I can "double opt-in" if you want
to be more assured).

El 4 Dec 2003 a las 16:00, Raymond Dijkxhoorn escribió:

> Hi!
>
> > # NEW DETECTIONS
> > # INTERNET WORM (33)
> > # ------------------
> > # W32/MIMAIL.L at MM <--
> > # NEW REMOVALS
> > # INTERNET WORM (33)
> > # ------------------
> > # W32/MIMAIL.L at MM <--
> >
> > However, later yesternight, a wendy.zip passed thru... would that be
> > innocuous? or a newer version of mimail?
>
> Most likely the new M version.
>
> http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32mimailm.html
>
> > Otherwise, a sample of possible subjects might help me find one thru one
> > of my unprotected spamtraps
>
> Subject line: Re[3]<44 spaces><random characters>
>
> Message text:
>
> Hello Greg,
>

> I was shocked, when I found out that it wasn't you but your twin
> brother!!! That's amazing, you're as like as two peas. No one in bed is
> better than you Greg. I remember, I remember everything very well, that
> promised you to tell how it was, I'll give you a call today after 9.

<snip>

--
Mariano Absatz
El Baby