postfix defer_transport

Chris Trudeau chris at trudeau.org
Thu Dec 4 03:31:30 GMT 2003

Joe...

The "deferred transport" message you received is exactly as it should
be.

The way a postfix installation works is as such (roughly)

Postfix.in receives the message and drops it into a mail queue.

MailScanner every "n" seconds scans that directory, grabs the messages
out of the directory and scans them pursuant to your config.

Once completed, the MailScanner process then drops the message back into
the outbound postfix instance allowing delivery based on that config.

This probably doesn't help, but maybe it gives you an idea...

CT