AOL blocking MailScanner messages!

Daniel Bird dbird at SGHMS.AC.UK
Tue Dec 2 20:01:32 GMT 2003

Julian Field wrote:

> At 19:30 02/12/2003, you wrote:
>
>> Additionally, if they are blocking on "X-MailScanner-<site-name>: Found
>> to be clean" I am wondering if it would be possible to customize the
>> "found to be clean message" as this would be the value in the
>> MailScanner headers from my 4 mail hubs that would be consistent.
>

> This can already be done. Assign a ruleset to the
> Clean Header Value
> configuration option in MailScanner.conf.

Thanks  Julian, don't know how I missed that one. I must need glasses ;-)

> AOL move in mysterious ways :-(

Indeed they do!
Has anyone read thier "mail acceptance" policies? Abosulte nightmare!

Anyhow, I changed the "Found to be clean" value to "No virueses
detected" and turned on the virus scanning. My MTA now looks like its
delivering to AOL, virus scanned and all!.

Thanks again.
Dan

> --
> Julian Field