Message Backups and Spam Checks

Kearney, Rob RKearney at AZERTY.COM
Tue Dec 2 14:56:31 GMT 2003

We were having issues with pyzor...

An easy way to check.. is to try..

spamassassin -D --lint  you will generally see the slowdown/timeout.

However, you could try other methods in additions:
pyzor ping
razor-check -d  -M <samplemboxmsg>
dccproc -Q -i <samplemboxmsg> -H

I don't know what to do for RBL's since I don't use them.

-rob

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Evans [mailto:sevans at FOUNDATION.SDSU.EDU]
Sent: Monday, December 01, 2003 5:52 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Message Backups and Spam Checks

I had a lot of problems with backed up mail today.  CPU usage was low,
and there was plenty of free memory.  When I changed MailScanner.conf to
Spam Checks = no it quickly processed all the queued mail.  So I assume
that one of the net checks (RBL, Razor, or DCC) was causing problems.
My question is how can I tell when one of the net checks is causing
problems and how can I tell which one?

Steve Evans
SDSU Foundation