[OT] - Re: maps-rbl+

Miguel Koren O'Brien de Lacy miguelk at KONSULTEX.COM.BR
Tue Dec 2 11:08:07 GMT 2003

Martyn;

Part of the problem lies in defining what is actually a "dial up
domain". I'm going through an extremely frustrating experience with the
"gang" at MAPS to get the ip block my ISP uses out of their list. The
real problem here lies in self righteous "businesses" that sell these
"services" to others who trust them to have quality information while
they put in all kinds of junk. My suggestion is to completely ignore any
DUL lists in general and MAPS in particular. So far the "MAPS police"
has made my company lose many hours of productive work by tracking down
people at the ISP and at MAPS itself for their declared purpose of
"educating" ISPs. I have fixed IPs and valid reverse DNS. I believe the
gang itself needs quite a bit of education of various kinds first.

Miguel