McAfee doesn't time out

Denis Beauchemin Denis.Beauchemin at USHERBROOKE.CA
Mon Dec 1 22:00:04 GMT 2003

Hello,

One of my 3 MS servers (Red Hat Linux release 7.3) occasionally gets
stuck on one uvscan call.  I've never seen this on my 2 other MS servers
(same specs).

I just killed one uvscan that was started about 45 minutes ago.

My MS (mailscanner-4.23-11) is configured this way:
Max Children = 5
Virus Scanner Timeout = 300
Virus Scanners = mcafee

I run uvscan:
Scan engine v4.2.40 for Linux.
Virus data file v4306 created Nov 26 2003

Any idea what might be causing this?  When it happens the CPU goes
through the roof and the machine slows significantly.

Thanks again!

Denis
--
Denis Beauchemin, analyste