Syntax for subject checking

Sun Aug 31 15:28:30 IST 2003

On Sunday 31 August 2003 3:21 pm, David Hooton wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to implement the Is Definately Spam feature based on a tag
> [Possible Spam]in the subject ideally if this exists, MS should realise
> this is definately spam, log it as such and then look for the action it
> should take based on the users domain name etc..
>
> How would I do this in the Is Definately Spam ruleset file?  I've tried
> a few combinations and looked in the examples file, but it only seems to
> cover To and or From fields..

Correct.   MailScanner rulesets don't look at the contents of the mail
(including all the headers) - they only match on the envelope addresses.

I think a simple way of achieving what you want is to create a SpamAssassin
rule which matches this string in the subject, and assigns a high positive
score (+100 is traditional) so that it definitely gets processed as spam by
MailScanner.

Antony.

--

If at first you don't succeed, destroy all the evidence that you tried.