MailScanner+PostFix

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Sun Aug 31 11:19:35 IST 2003

I would advise you look at Exim instead. Due to the structure of Postfix,
MailScanner has to do a heck of a lot more i/o than it does when working
with sendmail or Exim, so it's not very efficient. The body of every
message has to be copied between queues, as opposed to just linked and
deleted as it does with sendmail and Exim.

Postfix has a (deservedly) good reputation, it's just that its internal
design doesn't fit with MailScanner very well.

--
Julian Field