G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Sun Aug 31 05:03:16 IST 2003

>From my Concise Oxford Dictionary, the first definition of squib is: a small
firework burning with a hissing sound and usually with a final explosion.

If you've ever been camping and gotten your matches wet, you should be able to
understand this!

Van

Mike Kercher wrote:

> damp squib?  Can you translate that for us Americans? :)
>
> Mike

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,