Marco Obaid marco at MUW.EDU
Sun Aug 31 00:49:07 IST 2003

Hi,

>  >>>>
> MailScanner is unsafe. It bypasses the correct interfaces to access
> queue files. I would not trust it with Postfix or with any other MTA.
> <<<<

Hmmm ... I am interested to read the thread that the quote above was extracted
from. If it is true, why is MailScanner listed on postfix.org as an add-on
software?

http://www.postfix.org/addon.html

It even says "...works with Postfix and other MTAs."

I guess "works" does not mean "trusted" !

The only negative assessment about MailScanner/Postfix that I found, made by
Wietse, is this thread:

http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/postfix/2003-08/0514.html

But, Wietse was commenting specifically about Postfix/MS combination.

Marco