Sun Aug 31 00:23:14 IST 2003

On Sunday 31 August 2003 12:15 am, Michele Neylon:: Blacknight Solutions
wrote:

> > > Excuse my ignorance, but who is Wietse Venema? And more
> > > importantly, why does this person's opinion matter?
> >
> > He be the author of Postfix
>
> Ah. Now me feels rather silly :P

No, no need for that at all.

After all, why should you know who wrote Postfix, or sendmail, or Perl, or
SpamAssassin?   More important that you know how to use them, or how to
choose between them, than you know their history or their authors.

In fact, I think yours was an excellent question - "why does this person's
opinion matter?"   Too many people would have accepted it, or dismissed it,
on their own prejudice, without asking if he had a valid point to make.

Antony.

--

If the human brain were so simple that we could understand it,
we'd be so simple that we couldn't.