Mike Kercher mike at CAMAROSS.NET
Sat Aug 30 20:21:21 IST 2003

I have zero problems with all of my sendmail/MS implementations.  I've
looked at Postfix as recently as last week.  Not fully understanding the
Postfix config the way I do sendmail, I left it alone until I could devote
more time to it.  The only reason I'd do so is to experiment with delivery
times of Mailman mailing lists.

Mike

-----Original Message-----
Of Chris Trudeau-Personal
Sent: Saturday, August 30, 2003 2:19 PM
To: MAILSCANNER at JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Quote

>Ouch. Wietse Venema is the author of postfix, so I'd regard his
 >opinions about anything postfix-related to be pretty relevant.

I would too, except that he added the comment about all other MTAs which in
my mind indicates a prejudice...against the concept of how MailScanner is
architect.

I respect his comments and opinions, although I have had zero problems with
the postifx/mailscanner system I'm running.  The reasoning that Wietse uses
is based on the guarantee of queue file uniqueness and the possibility that
mailscanner could break that guarantee...I'm surely not as smart as everyone
on this list, so what are the general thoughts?

Could someone comment on how mailscanner is delivering mail to the outbound
(delivery) queue in a dual postfix instance implementation?  This could be
the cause and could possibly be a problem using other MTAs?  Anyone have
problems with other MTAs.

FWIW, I haven't experienced this trouble with my postfix/mailscanner system
and I'm not eager to learn a new MTAs configuration parameters.