Virus updates

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Fri Aug 29 18:58:26 IST 2003

Kevin Spicer wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-08-29 at 18:28, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
>
> >Uh oh! In an exchange off-list I was told to try the freshclam command
> >to check
> >if I had current files. It came back almost instantly to tell me that I
> >was up to
> >date. However, the only copies of those files I see are still in
> >/usr/src/clamav-0.60/database, they are dated 20 June, and are 1109995
> >and 4886
> >bytes in size.
>
> >That means that both updaters are lying to me.
>
> Thats hardly surprising as clamav-autoupdate is just a wrapper for
> freshclam.
>
> Could you post the full output of freshclam please.

Sure:
[root at vanquish mailwatch-0.2]# freshclam
Current working dir is /usr/local/share/clamav
Checking for a new database - started at Fri Aug 29 10:56:40 2003
Connected to clamav.ozforces.com.
Reading md5 sum (viruses.md5): OK
viruses.db is up to date.
Reading md5 sum (viruses2.md5): OK
viruses.db2 is up to date.

That doesn't seem to give you much to work from.

Van

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,