Virus updates

G. Armour Van Horn vanhorn at whidbey.com
Fri Aug 29 18:28:26 IST 2003

Uh oh! In an exchange off-list I was told to try the freshclam command to check
if I had current files. It came back almost instantly to tell me that I was up to
date. However, the only copies of those files I see are still in
/usr/src/clamav-0.60/database, they are dated 20 June, and are 1109995 and 4886
bytes in size.

That means that both updaters are lying to me.

Van

Antony Stone wrote:

> On Friday 29 August 2003 5:25 am, G. Armour Van Horn wrote:
>
> > I have no idea if the ClamAV definitions have been updated in that period,
> > I just started running it and I don't know where it keeps the files or even
> > what they are called.
> >
> > Where should I start looking?
>
> ClamAV uses two signature files; in a standard install they are in:
>
> /usr/local/share/clamav/viruses.db
> /usr/local/share/clamav/viruses.db2
>
> Currently on my system these are 1319031 bytes and 20802 bytes respectively.
>
> Antony.
>
> --
>
> This email was created using 100% recycled electrons.

Sign up now for Quotes of the Day, a handful of quotations
on a theme delivered every morning.
Enlightenment! Daily, for free!
mailto:twisted at whidbey.com?subject=Subscribe_QOTD

For web hosting and maintenance,