Upgrade?

Julian Field mailscanner at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Fri Aug 29 17:44:14 IST 2003

At 17:27 29/08/2003, you wrote:
>No.
>
>if you follow the clear step-by-step directions, it'll build a new config
>file for you that has all the new parameters in it for the new version, and
>the new config file will have your customized configuration.  You'll also
>have your old config file saved off to a different name--which would be
>useful if you needed to revert to a previous version.
>
>Pretty Nifty, in my opinion!  I've  seen very few tools that upgrade config
>files dynamically like this.  Nice one, Julian!

Thanks. The bit I like is that it copies your comments as well, and uses no
information other than what is contained in the 2 config files it is
working on. It has no master table of allowable config options, so the same
script upgrades from any version to any version. That was an inspired half
hour :-)

--
Julian Field