Postfix and duplicate mails

John Wilcock john at TRADOC.FR
Fri Aug 29 12:54:12 IST 2003

On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 12:17:13 +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
> In my case they ARE on the same filesystem. I have logfiles, etc, if you
> want to see them (either on or off list).

I've seen the same symptoms as Keith (one copy with headers only, one
with headers and body) very occasionally, notably when the system is
under heavier than normal load (e.g. when the backup MX feeds us a
huge backlog after our ADSL line has been down for a while). Incoming
and outgoing queues are on the same filesystem. I also see "skipped,
still being delivered" in the logs as described in thread on the
postfix list.

This would seem to be a different problem to the one Wietse is
describing with queues on different filesystems.

John.

--
-- Over 2000 webcams from ski resorts around the world - http://www.snoweye.com/
-- Translate your technical documents and web pages    - http://www.tradoc.fr/