How To Use Archive Mail??

Jeremy Pirlet jeremy at lpirlet.net
Thu Aug 28 22:53:50 IST 2003

Antony Stone said:
> On Thursday 28 August 2003 9:10 pm, Jeremy Pirlet wrote:
>
>> Hi-
>>
>> I have seen many posts on "Use Archive Mail", but I am not sure what I
>> am
>> doing wrong, but I can't get it to work.
>>
>> I host some websites where the owner would like me to monitor email
>> in/out
>> of their domain.  This is to monitor employee's and to make sure they
>> are
>> not doing things against company policy with their email of
>> employee at domain.com.
>>
>> I have done this in MailScanner.conf:
>> Archive Mail = /etc/MailScanner/rules/monitor.rules
>
> The "Archive Mail" option requires a directory or filename as a value,
> therefore this is what you need to put in yoour rules file as well.
>
>> Then I edit that file (/etc/MailScanner/rules/monitor.rules) to look
>> like
>> this:
>> FromOrTo: *@domain.com monitor at mydomain.com
>> default no
>
> Following the domain name you should place the name of the directory where
> you want the mail to be archived (or, alternatively, the name of a file to
> which you wish mail to be appended in mbox-style format - this is another
> of
> Julian's amazing clever tricks which pop up every so often throughout the
> rule settings...)

Okay, I was hoping that I could still use this format to get it to forward
a copy of the emails...
# This is a list of actions to take when a message is spam.
# It can be any combination of the following:
#    deliver                 - deliver the message as normal
#    delete                  - delete the message
#    store                   - store the message in the quarantine
#    bounce                  - send a rejection message back to the sender
#    forward user at domain.com - forward a copy of the message to
user at domain.com
#    striphtml               - convert all in-line HTML content to plain
text.
#                            - You need to specify "deliver" as well for the
#                            - message to reach the original recipient.
#
# Note that the bounce message is created in such a way as to stop it
# bouncing back to your site.
#
# This can also be the filename of a ruleset.
#Spam Actions = store forward anonymous at ecs.soton.ac.uk bounce
But I guess not...

THANKS FOR ALL the quick replys.
Jeremy